The International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centres (IAPTC) is an open and voluntary association of centers, institutions, agencies and programs dealing with peace operations research, education, and training.
The aim of the Association is to contribute to more effective peace operations, through promoting a better understanding of peacekeeping and its goals, and to facilitate communication, exchange of information and best practices between peace operations and other related education and training centers, and/or among people responsible for, and involved in, training for peacekeeping operations.
The objectives of the Association include:
- Identifying emerging training requirements;
- Promulgation of understanding of the United Nations (UN) and other training standards;
- Sharing of information on peace operations policy matters;
- Promoting exchange of experience among training institutions regarding different training methodologies;
- Creating conditions that facilitate effective networking and cooperation;
- Increasing the mutual understanding between different institutional perspectives and organizational cultures present among military, police, and civilian components in peacekeeping operations.
The main activity of the Association is an annual conference, which regularly attracts participants from approximately 50-60 countries and 120-140 centres, institutions, and agencies dealing with peace operations research, education, and training.
(visit the Annual Conference page
Articles of Association